105 N. Front Street  |  Cotulla, Texas 78014, USA

First United Methodist Church Cotulla

This church has 135 years of warmly receiving visitors and making a difference in the lives of those it has touched.

Cotulla’s First School

The international and great northern railroad developed Cotulla in 1881, and the first school opened on this site in 1885, with classes for primary, intermediate and advanced student.

LaSalle Courthouse

In 1931, the 1904 courthouse was demolished and La Salle County built their fourth and current courthouse on the same grounds as the previous courthouses.

The secret of successful change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new."

– SOCRATES

Community Investment

The first Protestant church in Cotulla, this congregation was organized in 1881 as the Methodist Episcopal Church, South. The first services were held in the home of John Freeman by the Rev. W. H. Keck. In 1883 the members built a frame chapel at the site of the present parsonage. The only church facility in town, it was shared with Presbyterian and Baptist congregations. The current brick sanctuary was constructed in 1906 during the pastorate of the Rev. Temple G. Woolls. An educational building was added in 1928.


 

 
 


Learn about Cotulla. Subscribe to our newsletter.

 



Cotulla Main Street ©2020. All rights reserved.  |  Developed by Graphtitiks Interactive Marketing  |  Laredo  |  San Antonio